Re: High Availability / Clustering

Page principale

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Jean-Marc Coursimault
À: guilde
Sujet: Re: High Availability / Clustering
> Coda FS
> http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/ m'a l'air beaucoup plus approprié

Le pb est que d'après la FAQ même de Coda, c'est du "pas très stable" -
pour du HA, c'est pas terrible :

How stable and usable is Coda?
==============================

This is difficult to answer. If you want to try this with 5-15
knowledgeable users, who would like to learn something and are
knowledgeable computer users, you are probably OK if you do your backups.

Installing a large network of 100 users or so, is right now not a good
idea. We are aware that it would be very desirable to get the system in a
state where this is easily possible, and reasonable progress has been
made. We have to cract several hard problems, and many minor ones, we hope
that our next release will be a big step forward.

As of version 4.7 the data corruption that was happening on the servers is
gone - but of course, many new problems might still come up. (8 Dec 1998)

===========================
According to the previous entry from 1998, Coda wasn't ready for
production use.
What is the current status?
I'd say a small userbase (20-30 users) and a few servers are pretty
workable. Such a setup has been running here at CMU for the past couple of
years without significant disasters.

Don't expect to easily handle terabytes of data or a large group of
non-technical oriented users.

--
Jean-Marc