Micromou devient zinzin !

Top Page

Author: Laurent Julliard
To: guilde
Subject: Micromou devient zinzin !

Ca n'a pas directement a voir avec Linux mais je ne resiste pas a
l'envie de vous envoyer cette "Annonce de Presse" en anglais malheureusement.
Microsoft etait deja un objet de fascination pour les analystes du
monde de l'informatique mais il va bientot devenir un sujet
d'interet pour les psychanalystes aussi.

C'est un bel exemple de megalomanie melangee a un syndrome de
persecution prononcé.

Laurent

Gary Shapiro, President, Consumer Electronics Manufacturers Association,
Microsoft Introduction, Saturday, January 10, 1998

January 11, 1998 3:15 PM EST

LAS VEGAS, Jan. 11 /PRNewswire/ -- The following speech introducing
Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT) was delivered yesterday by Gary Shapiro,
President of the Consumer Electronics Manufacturers Association at the
Consumer Electronics Show here: "I would like to tell you a story of a
relatively young country. Young visionaries, united by ideals and a
cause, started with everything against them and they created a country.
They started small and fought ferociously based on their vision of a
better way of life and a higher purpose. In an incredibly short time
that country became the world's dominant influence. Today that country
is not the largest country or the most populous but it has become the
most important country in the world. It's the largest creator of wealth
and indisputably the most innovative and entrepreneurial. It has
radically transformed the world's standard of living and has even
successfully moved the world closer to real peace. Yet, believe it or
not, some of the world's citizens, countries and cultures resent and
even hate this country -- simply because it is number one, because it
has succeeded, because it is the best.

"The story of these great United States is the story of Microsoft. To
become the most important and the most influential, to pursue a vision
with passion and with success means that others who are less successful
will pursue you. To risk greatness every day and succeed means that your
missteps will be eagerly awaited, your intentions will be misunderstood
and your reputation will be maligned. The price of greatness is great
controversy and Microsoft pays that price. That's why, although some may
think the price is too high, the world owes Microsoft a debt of
gratitude. Our nation's continued world leadership, our phenomenal
economic growth and our rapid move to a computer literate society can be
traced directly to the vision and genius of leaders like Bill Gates, the
technological leadership of Microsoft partners like Andy Grove of Intel
and the creative efforts of hundreds of their hardware and software
partners.

"Yes, Microsoft competes ferociously, but it thrives on competition and
it forces its competitors to invent, innovate and compete just as
ferociously. This competition moves our nation forward.

"Andjobs and international wealth, an innovator who has changed our
vocabulary and our lifestyles -- Microsoft and its leader Bill Gates."
SOURCE Consumer Electronics Manufacturers Association

* PR Newswire. All rights reserved.