[NUT]: new mge-shut driver

Top Page

Author: arnaud.quette
To: Russell Kroll, pmarzouk
CC: upsdev, guilde, Martin Maney, Boullis Nicolas
Subject: [NUT]: new mge-shut driver

Hi,

the new mge-shut driver has now reached a sufficient completion level to
be merged in NUT tree. However, while waiting for the actual switch
between mge-ellipse and mge-shut, this last will remain tagged as
experimental.

The new 0.2 release adds the set() and shutdown() functions, correct
some bugs (communication syncing, data conversion, ...), add some
more data and complete the manpage and compatibility list.

It has been tested on Ellipse, Ellipse Premium and Evolution. Check the
manpage and compatibility list for more information.

The patch is against NUT 1.3.0 (new dev tree), but also works on 1.2.2
(latest stable) even if there's a hunk offset of 6 lines in drivers/Makefile.in.
The patch is available at:
http://www.mgeups.com/opensource/projects/nut_patch/patch-1.3.0-mge-shut.tgz

>From now on, the switch from mge-ellipse to mge-shut can now operate.

I let current mge-ellipse users and Philippe act for mge-ellipse removal
from the tree when it will be ok.

Please, merge.
IMPORTANT NOTE: as always with me, you MUST call autconf / automake
after having patched. I don't do it because of the unnecessary overhead
(doubles the patch size !)

Arnaud