Re: APM

Top Page

Author: Daniel Veillard
To: guilde
Subject: Re: APM
Quoting Jerome Cande (Jerome.Cande@???):
> AVIS AUX AMATEURS DE PC PORTABLE.
>
> Pour ceux qui disposent d'un portable avec linux installé dessus,
> (je dispose d'un TOSHIBA 440CDX) il existe une option dans le noyau qui
> permet à linux de gerer l' APM. Cette option permet de lire le niveau de
> la batterie et le temps restant. Pour cela il suffit de taper 'more
> /proc/apm' pour acceder à ces infos. Mais malheureusement, n'ayant
> trouvé aucune application graphique qui me permettrait de visualiser ces
> informations,j'ai donc decidé d'en dévelloper une.

personellement j'utilise xapm.

Sinon avis aux amateurs, il y a desomais au moins deux serveurs X gratuits
pour les chips NeoMagic, un libre l'autre pas:
  - Un serveur "libre" a http://www.mnsinc.com/js/Neomagic.html
  - Un serveur juste "gratuit" en format binaire RPM
    c.f. l'annonce ci-dessous.

Daniel

        Announcing the beta release of the NeoMagic X Server
            XBF_NeoMagic, Version 0.9.2, June 6, 1998

This FREE (see the license below) full featured X Server contains:

* Full support for internal flat panels, external monitors, and
simultaneous internal/external displays.

* Complete set of Panel Resolutions supported including stretch and
centering modes for running lower resolutions on fixed resolution
panels.

* Support for depths of 8, 15, 16 and 24 bits per pixel.

* Hardware Cursor support to reduce sprite flicker.

* Hardware accelerated drawing engine for 8, 15 and 16 bit per pixel
modes.

* Fully programmable clocks for external monitor only modes.

* Robust text mode restore for VT switching.

Tested Laptops

* Dell Inspiron 3200 D233XT
* Digital VP HiNote 720
* Dell Latitude CPi
* Sony 719 laptop

CAUTION: Running this server on untested laptops poses a potential risk
of damaging your laptops flat panel display. You assume all risks in
using this X server on untested laptops, however, if you successfully
run this server on a laptop not listed here, we would like to hear from
you. Please e-mail your laptop make and model to us at
neomagic_support@???

Red Hat and Precision Insight, Inc. disclaim all warranties with regard
to this X server. In no event shall Red Hat or Precision Insight, Inc.
liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from the use of this X
server.

This commercial quality X Server has been tested with only the NeoMagic
2160 chipset at this time.

Support for the other NeoMagic chipsets (2070, 2090, 2093, 2097) has
been programmed into the server, but Red Hat's supplier has disabled
operation on these additional chipsets until we have the opportunity to
verify proper operation. If your laptop contains one of these
additional chipsets, and you would be willing to loan it to Red Hat for
a short time, then please e-mail neomagic_support@??? so we can
do a controlled turn-on, verification, and testing of your chipset; update
the beta release; and publish the results on this page.

This Free server is distributed in binary form only to conform with the
Non Disclosure Agreement required by NeoMagic. If and when this non
disclosure requirement is removed by NeoMagic, all of the source code
for this driver will be contributed to the XFree86 project.

You can download this server at

Red Hat 5.x (glibc) systems:-
        ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/XBF/XBF-neomagic-glibc-0.9.2-1.i386.rpm

Red Hat 4.x (libc5 systems):-
        ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/XBF/XBF-neomagic-libc5-0.9.2-1.i386.rpm

Please note that this software is released under the XBF License below.

End User License Agreement for the XBF_neomagic X Server ("Software")

I. PREAMBLE

This License Agreement ("License") sets forth the terms and conditions under
which Red Hat Software, Inc. grants you certain rights and licenses with
respect to the Software. Please review this agreement carefully before you
use the Software or install it on a computer.

This License generally allows you to copy, sublicense and distribute the
Software, subject to the following terms and conditions. However, nothing in
this License grants you any right, license or interest with respect to the
source code for the Software.

II. GRANT OF RIGHTS:

A. The rights stated in this License are non-exclusive and are granted to you
without fee.

B. You may install and/or use the Software on as many computers as you wish at
any time.

C. You may copy, sublicense and distribute the Software in its entirety
provided that you:
1. Conspicuously publish on each copy of the Software the appropriate
copyright notice and the complete terms and conditions of this License;
2. Keep intact all notices that refer to this License and to the absence of
any warranty; and
3. Give any other recipients and sublicensees of the Software a copy of this
License along with the Software, and make it clear to any and all recipients
and sublicensees that the terms and conditions of this License shall govern
their use of the Software.

D. You may, but are not required to, charge a fee to persons to whom you copy
and redistribute the Software, and you may at your option offer warranty
protection for a fee to any person to whom you distribute the Software. Each
person or entity to whom you sublicense the Software must receive it under no
more restrictive terms and conditions than set forth in this License.

III. YOU MAY NOT:

A. Modify, decompile, reverse assemble or otherwise reverse engineer the
Software, or create derivative works based on the Software, or authorize any
third party to do any of the above; and

B. Copy, sublicense, or distribute the Software except as expressly permitted
in this License. Any attempt to copy, sublicense or distribute the Program in
a manner inconsistent with this License is void, and will automatically
terminate your rights under this License.

IV. TITLE

The Software is protected by copyright and other laws. Title, ownership
rights, and intellectual property rights in the Software shall remain with Red
Hat Software, Inc. and/or its suppliers. You acknowledge these ownership and
intellectual property rights, and agree not to take any action to jeopardize
or infringe upon any of these rights with respect to the Software. The rights
granted to you in this License do not include any interest in any intellectual
property rights in the Software.

V. NO WARRANTY

THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE SOFTWARE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE
LAW. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING, THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED AND
LICENSED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING,
BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR
A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

VI. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY

TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL RED HAT
SOFTWARE, INC. BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOST
SAVINGS, OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THE USE
OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF RED HAT SOFTWARE, INC. OR A DEALER
AUTHORIZED BY RED HAT SOFTWARE, INC. HAD BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
SUCH DAMAGES.

VII. GENERAL

This License represents the complete agreement concerning the rights granted
in this License, and may be amended only in a writing signed by both parties.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable, the
enforceability of the remaining provisions shall in no way be affected or
impaired. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the United States.

Copyright © 1998 Red Hat Software, Inc. All rights reserved.

--
Daniel.Veillard@??? | W3C MIT/LCS NE43-344 | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel : +1 617 253 5884 | 545 Technology Square | Linux, WWW, rpm2html,