Re: Distributions equivalente à Ghost

Top Page

Author: Aimé Vareille
To: guilde
Subject: Re: Distributions equivalente à Ghost
NON : il faut une interface interme'diaire

http://www.usb.org/ : on trouve des cables USB A-A en vente sur le net !
Reste a` savoir s'ils remboursent les acheteurs qui foutent le feu a`
leur PC avec ces cables ?

Q5: How can I connect two PCs to each other with USB?
A5: You need a specialized USB peripheral known as a USB bridge
(sometimes called a USB to USB adapter) to do this. Anchor Chips and
e-Tek labs, among others, make USB bridges.

Q6: You mean I can't make a direct cable connection like a null modem?
A6: Correct. In fact, if you try this with an illegal A to A USB cable,
you'll short the two PCs' power supplies together, possibly destroying
one or both machines or causing a fire hazard. Even there were no danger
to the machines from the problem with two power supplies, there still
wouldn't be any way to get the two PCs talking to each other, since USB
doesn't support that particular kind of communication. A reasonably
priced solution to handle this need is the USB bridge.

Q7: So why do people make A to A cables, anyway? What kinds of cables do
I need to connect USB devices together?
A7: A number of cable vendors seem to have reached the conclusion that
USB is like a PC's serial port, only faster, so you need all sorts of
special hardware to create the USB connection you need to make. This is
completely incorrect. The only kind of cables you'll ever need to
connect normal USB products are A to B cables, A to mini B cables or
mini A to mini B cables of various lengths. Some special kinds of
devices use nonstandard connectors and so come with their own special
cable.

A+
AV