Re: Routage sous fedora

Top Page

Author: Ika OSCAOS
To: Patrick Begou
CC: guilde
Subject: Re: Routage sous fedora
Les machines windows quand elles ne peuvent pas obtenir d'ip en dhcp prennent un
ip en 169.254.x.x . Et pour eviter qu'une machine linux configurée en passerelle
balance ces paquets a l'exterieur du reseau la route a été ajoutée par defaut.

Plus d'info sur :
https://listman.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2003-November/msg00908.html

[...]
"Recent RedHat (and Fedora) initscripts add that route deliberately. This is
because when windows boxes are configured to get an address automatically but
are unable to get a DHCP lease, they go through a simple process to look for an
unused 169.254.x.x address and set the first available one as the local
machine's ethernet address. I don't know anybody that makes use of this windows
"feature", but it is *not* a publicly routable address, so this route is added
to prevent Linux gateways from propagating the annoyance by forwarding packets
addressed this way out to a default gateway."
[...]

--
Ika