SS40G+linux

Page principale

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Brad Jones
À: Jerome.KIEFFER
Sujet: SS40G+linux
Hello,
    I found your page hugely helpful in getting linux up and running on the shuttle. I did however run into a significant problem whenever I used any 2.4 kernel. Everything worked perfect with 2.2 kernels. However, with a 2.4 kernel the built in network card would not work. I tried Mandrake 9, debian with my own 2.4 kernel and your kernel. The message that I always got was:

    NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out

    I was stumped on this for a number of days and tried even adding a pci nic card and got the same error . . . I finally found a thread that had a possible work around. It is to disable apic at boot. This can be done with an append statement in lilo { append="pci=bios,biosirq noapic". As soon as I did this the card started working. Perhaps you can add this to the page to help future people out.

    Thanks again for the great site !!!

Brad Jones
Network Projects
bdjones@???