Re: samba pas sympa!

Top Page

Author: Rami Aubourg
To: guilde
Subject: Re: samba pas sympa!
Stephane Driussi wrote:

> Bonjour a tous!
>
> lorsque je me connecte a mon home dir depuis un pc sous windows98, les
> fichiers windows que je transfere sur la partition linux sont en
> majuscules. Ca me gene un peu que windows ne respecte pas la case,
> surtout lorqu'il sagit de fichier pour page web.
> Quelles sont les solutions pour qu'il y ait conservation des minuscules ?

Salut,

Un petit tour par man smb.conf te donne ceci:

NAME MANGLING
      Samba supports "name  mangling"  so  that  DOS  and  Windows
      clients  can use files that don't conform to the 8.3 format.
      It can also  be  set  to  adjust  the  case  of  8.3  format
      filenames.

      There are several options that control the way  mangling  is
      performed,  and  they  are  grouped  here rather than listed
      separately. For the defaults look at the output of the test-
      parm program.

      All of these options can be set separately for each  service
      (or globally, of course).

      The options are:

      "mangle case = yes/no" controls if names that  have  charac-
      ters  that  aren't  of  the  "default" case are mangled. For
      example, if this is yes then a name  like  "Mail"  would  be
      mangled. Default no.

      "case sensitive = yes/no"  controls  whether  filenames  are
      case sensitive. If they aren't then Samba must do a filename
      search and match on passed names. Default no.

      "default case = upper/lower" controls what the default  case
      is for new filenames. Default lower.

      "preserve case = yes/no" controls if new files  are  created
      with  the case that the client passes, or if they are forced
      to be the "default" case. Default Yes.

      "short preserve case = yes/no" controls if new  files  which
      conform  to  8.3  syntax,  that  is all in upper case and of
      suitable length, are created upper  case,  or  if  they  are
      forced to be the "default" case. This option can be use with
      "preserve case = yes" to permit  long  filenames  to  retain
      their case, while short names are lowered. Default Yes.

      By default, Samba 2.0 has the same semantics as a Windows NT
      server, in that it is case insensitive but case preserving.

Rami