Re: config samba

Top Page

Author: Stephane Driussi (ffgfjb)
To: guilde
Subject: Re: config samba
je me reponds a moi meme suite a une doc trouve sur le net:

desole pour le bruit

Stephane

http://members01.chello.se/brickhouse/unixstuff.html
Configuring Samba on HPUX
      If you have downloaded a binary distribution of Samba for HPUX you

may see the following messages in your samba log:

      Failed to set gid privileges to (-1,-2) now set to (0,0) uid=(0,0)

      PANIC: failed to set gid

      The problem is that the guest account by default is nobody, in the

group nogroup. On HPUX, this user and group has a negative uid/gid,
which will cause
      samba to log these messages or (in worst case) to core. To fix
this, create a user and group like the following:

      /etc/passwd:
        smbnull:*:119:101:DO NOT USE OR DELETE - needed by
Samba:/home/smbnull:/sbin/noshell
      /etc/group:
        smbnull::101:

      Finally, add the following line to your global section of the
smb.conf file.

      guest account = smbnull

--
|          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX                                  |
|         XXX       XXXXXXX  XXXXXXXX  XX                                   |

|XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX         FRANCE                             |