Re: Messager 4.7 crashes in Linux

Top Page

Author: Christian Donot
To: expert, guilde, redhat-list
Subject: Re: Messager 4.7 crashes in Linux
Hi,

I've the same problem. I start "messager mailbox" only in preferences.
If I begin
by
do "Get Msg" and enter my password an click OK or if I cancel this box,
the
Communicator application crashes.

If I start "messager mailbox" and begin by to start "File -> New ->
Navogator Window",
and do "Get Msg" and enter my password an click OK, all is fine.

Strange no !!!!

I've done a trace. See the last lines :

    gettimeofday({946463365, 685450}, NULL) = 0
    rt_sigprocmask(SIG_SETMASK, [], NULL, 8) = 0
    gettimeofday({946463365, 685595}, NULL) = 0
    write(9, "F\0\5\0\265\5\200\4\26\0\200\4\0"..., 672) = 672
    --- SIGSEGV (Erreur de segmentation) ---
    getpid()                                = 2571
    kill(2571, SIGBUS)                      = 0
    --- SIGBUS (Erreur du bus) ---
    +++ killed by SIGBUS +++

I run Linux Mandrack 6.0 [2.2.9-27mdk].

Christian

> Joachim Vorrath wrote:
>
> > John DeRosa wrote:

kernel.

happens

new messages

complete

> > > I have exactly the same problem, when I try to get a new mail

message. I
> > > click on Get Msg, enter the password for my account, and as soon

as I click on
> > > the accept/ok button, BLAM the Communicator application crashes.

No error
> > > message, no pause, no hang.... the Communicator windows just

disappear.

> > > It's very frustrating. Is there a log file somewhere that I could

look at,
> > > that would give me a hint as to what's going on?
> > >
> > > John
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > i found this message and i have
> > the same problems with REDHAT 6.1 + Communicator 4.7
> > Kernel 2.2.13
> >
> > one password is OK but mailpassword and then httppassword...
> > "BLAM the Communicator application crashes" and so on...
> >
> > has anybody a hint or anybody knowŽs ?
> >
> > --
> > Joachim Vorrath
> >
> > Systemverwaltung
> > KABEN interactive network GmbH

begin:vcard
n:Donot;Christian
tel;fax:01 55 55 39 19
tel;work:01 55 55 30 83
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Ministère de l'Education Nationale de la Recherche et de la Technologie (MENRT);Division du fonctionnement de l'Administration Centrale - Bureau DAC3
adr:;;110, Rue de Grenelle;75357 Paris;;;France
version:2.1
email;internet:Christian.Donot@???
title:Responsable de l'Architecture Bureautique et Réseaux locaux de l'Administration Centrale
x-mozilla-cpt:;-7808
fn:Christian Donot
end:vcard