win nt + IIS = the best ?

Page principale

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Marc Hampartzoumian
À: guilde@imag.fr
Sujet: win nt + IIS = the best ?
linux / Apache surclasse par nt/iis sur plateformes multi-processeurs:

http://www.zdnet.com/pcmag/stories/reviews/0,6755,402310,00.html
http://www.zdnet.com/pcmag/stories/reviews/0,6755,402309,00.html

resum?: (anglais)
Apache and Stronghold

The Web server we ran on top of Linux was C2Net's
Stronghold Web Server 2.4.1 ($995 direct, www.c2.net).
Stronghold is an SSL-capable server based on the
Apache Web server, and C2Net ships the Apache
source code with it. Stronghold includes all of the
benefits of Apache, including strong support for virtual
hosting (the ability for a single Web server to serve
multiple sites at once, such as www.site1.com,
www.site2.com, and so on).

Stronghold, like Linux, has a well-deserved reputation
for reliability and stability. But Stronghold -- and
therefore Apache -- isn't optimized for multiprocessor
environments. So Apache Web sites are likely to scale
better by adding more servers than by adding
processors.

By contrast, IIS and Netscape Enterprise have
multithreaded architectures that are optimized to scale
across multiple processors in a single server. This was
evident on our tests, where IIS and Netscape generally
outperformed Stronghold.