Re: Y2K

Top Page

Author: guilde
To: Benoit.Lion
CC: guilde
Subject: Re: Y2K
At 09:25 14/04/99 +0200, you wrote:

>Je réponds actuellement à une enquête du ministère sur le passage à l'an
>2000.
>Y-at-il un site de référence à ce sujet pour linux ?

Bonjour,

* Pour linux (noyau) pas de problème (du moins jusqu'en 2038)

    Voir => http://www.linux.org.uk/mbug.html (Linux and Year 2000)

Does the Linux OS suffer from the Year 2000 bug ?
The Linux operating system and libraries like all Unix and Unixlike
platforms does not store the data in a simplistic field by field fashion
but stores it as an incremental count of seconds since the beginning of
1970. The current size of that counter is good until 2038. By then we will
be using 64 bit counters which are good until the probable end of the
universe.

* Pour Freebsd, Voir => http://www.freebsd.org/y2kbug.html

* Pour les applications gnu, il y a des mises à jour (notamment Apache) :

The obsolete version 4 of the Linux C library has some situations in which
the year 2000 is displayed as "100". All modern library versions (5.3.12,
5.4.38, glibc 2.x) behave correctly when tested.

Commonly shipped components known to have problems are:
Program    Version        Safe Version
Apache        1.1.x        1.2.x
CVS        <=1.9>        1.10
date        GNU date    (sh utils 1.1.6)
TCL/TK        7.x, see link    8.x
wu.ftpd    2.4 beta    2.4 beta 15+
logrotate    RedHat 4.1    RedHat 5.0
Pine        Pine <4.0    Pine 4.0+
Minicom    Minicom <= 1.81    1.82

    Voir => http://www-th.phys.rug.nl/~schut/gnulist.html (1999/2000 status
with GNU software) pour une liste plus détaillé.

Voila, bonne journée et à bientot.

Le Tanou Jerome - mailto:Jerome.Le-Tanou@linuxfr.org
Centre de Ressource Informatique (C.R.I.P.)
University Joseph Fourier - Grenoble - France
http://letanou.linuxfr.org/samba.html
MS is a lot better at making money than it is at making good operating
systems. - Linus Torvalds